Sunday, January 04, 2009

A day for Rest.

I start to look forward to Sunday when I wake up on Monday mornings.
I use Sunday as a day dedicated to doing activities that involve very little work, anything that I find relaxing and enjoyable. Things such as: reading, napping, movie watching, praying, listening to music (cities 97!), taking a bubble bath, or my favorite past time- enjoying a bit of solitude.
Today was just another typical Sunday in my life. I woke up and before I even gained full consciousness, I rolled over and turned on Acoustic Sunrise. Which plays on my favorite radio station every Sunday morning (I think this radio show has a lot to do with Sunday being my favorite day). My morning was hazy. I didn't do much of anything but lie in bed and read. . . and watch some boob tube with my Sister. 
Then it was off to my early afternoon nap. Which was in turn followed by more reading, and praying. I did, however, get one thing accomplished today; I switched a load of laundry from the washer to the dryer. And for me, that is enough to please myself for the day.
This evening I spent quite some time playing in a fort with my two year old nephew. I mainly hung out in there and held the flashlight, while he was in and out gathering supplies. I was sad to end our fun, but I needed to shower- and he needed to get to bed. . . 
So here I am wrapping up my night. About slather on some calming Lavender lotion, curl up in my comfy bed, and read until my eyes burn. Then drift happily off to sleep thinking about another Sunday well accomplished.

"Wanting to reform the world without discovering one's true self is like trying to cover the world with leather to avoid the pain of walking on stones and thorns. It is much simpler to wear shoes."

No comments:

Post a Comment