Saturday, January 03, 2009

My heart hangs heavy.

Today I heard some news that  made me sad, that made my heart hang heavy. 

My grandparents are struggling. Having a very trying time. My grandfather has been fighting a dis-ease. Alzhiemer's has taken over his body, taken everything right from underneath him! Right before the families eyes. My grandmother is struggling from deep within her to find the strength to deal with the life God has now handed her. I know she must be asking "Why? Why? Why?" I have a feeling the whole family is. . . Today was my grandmother's Birthday celebration. A day usually spent enjoying the company of her children, grandchildren, and especially- her Husband. But this year she was left with an incredibly hard decision. Being in his condition, so weak and shaky. It was decided not to take him out of the nursing home for her the party. It hurts my heart so much to put myself in her shoes. To imagine the pain that that must have caused her. 
The news I heard today, was that through her tears, she couldn't even blow out her birthday candles. So I have a feeling what her wish might have been on this birthday. If not, I am asking you to please join with me to pray for her, and him anyway. . . 

I am asking for God to please bless my Grandparents with courage, strength, and serenity on the journey God has in store for them. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment