Saturday, January 17, 2009

Friends??? This past week I have been questioning the people in my life. And it just doesn't add up. When all is said and done, I think I am putting in the most effort. I am putting in ALL of the effort as a matter of fact. And I don't want that to be a fact of my relationships. . . So I have decided to end them. Most of them anyhow. I figure if I am not benefiting from them at least in a small way. Than what is the point? Really, ask yourself that question. You must benefit from each of your relationships at least a little. Do they listen well? Make you laugh? It has got to be something! Let me tell you!!! I have got a whole bunch of meaningless relationships going on in my life that are just wasting my energy! And I have had enough of it. Today is when I call it quits. I quit. And what got me started on this whole theory in my life was when I read a particular question in a book I am reading. . . It went something like:

"Can you name six good friends of yours, in your life right now, that would carry your casket? If you were to die tomorrow???"


Hahahahaha! I couldn't name ONE person that wasn't a family memer! Actually put quite a damper on my day. . . But really also opened my eyes!!
How about you? Do you have six?

2 comments:

  1. Only family. I can trust only my blood. Excellent post Emma Jo.

    Ever Yours,
    Clayrn Darrow
    M.IV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Family will always be there. Friends come and go.

    ReplyDelete